Monday, November 22, 2010

New directions

The last 2 months were some of the busiest I've ever experienced. I am currently paying the price for it, a bit of a head cold, and about 10lb lighter than when I started, but I made it through and just when it seemed everything was about to collapse, I pulled through. I am starting my own business which will focus on creating interactive installations/displays as well as visuals for events. Certainly not what I went to college for but perhaps the evolutionary step. One has to adapt to his/her environment and so I have done just that. The market in Singapore for movie effects is (obviously) tiny. I loved every minute of my stint at Lucasfilm Animation Singapore and still wish I was there, but looking back now my life would be very very different. Just as moving out here was a major change in my life's direction, so was leaving LAS. It has been hard but it seems as though I have weathered the storm. 2011 will be much better than 2010 when it comes to the work front. This new venture will put me in full creative control and able to pursue whatever work is interesting to me, which is what I wanted from day 1. The experience I gained at LAS set the foundation and now it's up to me to make a name for myself. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment